SoaSE -Steam at War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything You Need to Know About Steam at War

Go down

Everything You Need to Know About Steam at War Empty Everything You Need to Know About Steam at War

Post  Admin Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:14 am

Steam at War aims to bring "steampunk" to Sins of A Solar Empire. A few might be asking what steampunk is so below I have a small description.

-What is steampunk?
-Steampunk is a sub-genre of science fiction in which humans never discover the potential use of fuel and continue to develop technology, of all fields, through the use of steam. The typical period in which steampunk takes place is the Victorian era, (1800 -1900) However, the actual time and date can be changed so long as the ideology of the people stay the same. To grasp a greater idea of what steampunk is, I suggest heading over to the steampunk wikipedia page. The link is found directly below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk

-Questions Dealing More With the Actual Mod Itself:
-This mod is planned to be a TC, (Total Conversion) and plans to add as much original content as possible. This includes all models, music, HUD, technology, and new "steampunk races" (original races will not be playable)

-Gameplay
-Another thing to note would be what gameplay will be like. The three races planned out so far all stem from one, previously fallen empire. The three "races" are in the middle of a civil, galactic war. The playable factions will be diverse in both playing and art style.

More information to be added at a later date.

-Where you come in: Again, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. If youre interesting in helping, please post so in the appropriate thread.

-Last but not least, don't worry about creative freedom and flexibility. Anyone helping us model will be given the choice to do as they wish and create what they see fitting. I only ask that anyone interested in helping look at the concept gallery found in the "Concept Thread". There you will find pictures of steampunk ships, buildings, and scenery.

~Thank You~
~n1k10s~

Admin
Admin

https://soase-steamatwar.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum